These air fryer tomatoes are the perfect recipe for anyone looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy roasted tomatoes without using an oven. They are a perfect snack, delicious appetizer, or healthy side dish for your favorite main course.
Any medium tomato varieties can be used for this recipe, but they must be fresh (not canned!) Use firm but ripe tomatoes for best results. They are delicious to serve alongside these air fryer honey soy chicken wings!
You need a handful of ingredients for this simple recipe. Find the ingredient amounts listed in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. Here is a rundown of what you will need.
- Medium or large fresh tomatoes. Roma tomatoes, Campari tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, money maker, or plum tomatoes are excellent choices. Cherry and Grape tomatoes and cherry will work well, too but the cooking time will be much less than for larger tomatoes.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Garlic cloves. Finely minced
- Or use other fresh herbs. Fresh sage, fresh oregano, or rosemary work very well. If you want to use fresh basil instead, wait until after cooking to add this.
- A little salt. Plus more to taste
- Black pepper. To taste
Halve and tomatoes and place them on a tray or plate.
In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, thyme leaves and kosher salt.
Drizzle this over the tomatoes and gently toss the tomatoes to coat them.
Sprinkle on black pepper.
Place the tomato halves cut side up in the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 400F/200C for around 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened and caramelized around the edges.
Check on them at the 8 minute mark, as the cooking time needed for some tomatoes may be less.
Carefully remove them from the air fryer and serve them while still hot.
The skins will slip right off them after cooking.
Serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and extra fresh thyme.
Leftover air-fried tomatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer.
Extra roasted tomatoes
If you make a big batch, these air fryer roast tomatoes can be blended into a rich tomato sauce, which is delicious in pasta dishes.
More air fryer recipes
Check out more summer recipes to make in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Tomatoes
These air fryer tomatoes are the perfect recipe for anyone looking for a quick, easy, and healthy way to enjoy roasted tomatoes without using an oven.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme or basil leaves
- Halve the tomatoes and place them on a tray or plate. Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, thyme leaves, and salt in a small bowl.
- Drizzle this over the tomatoes and gently toss them to coat them. Sprinkle on black pepper.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer, and cut side up in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400F/200C for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and caramelize around the edges. Check on them at 8 minutes, as some tomatoes may need less time.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme or fresh basil leaves to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 272mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Leave a Reply